Dignity in Care
A Dignity Champion is someone who believes passionately that being treated with dignity is a basic human right, not an optional extra. They believe that care services must be compassionate, person centred, as well as efficient, and are willing to try to do something to achieve this.
At Rusthall Lodge we are actively recruiting Dignity Champions from all departments in the Home. Over 80,000 people have signed up to be Dignity Champions across the UK, all pledging to challenge poor care, to act as good role models and, through specific guidelines issued by the campaign, to educate and inform all those working around them.
Our staff have been committed to providing care with dignity for nearly fifty years. As a Dignity Champion, you will:
- Stand up and challenge disrespectful behaviour
- Act as good role models by treating other people with respect, particularly those who are less able to stand up for themselves
- Speak up about dignity to improve the way that services are organised and delivered
- Influence and inform colleagues
- Listen to and understand the views and experiences of citizens.
Becoming a Champion, couldn't be easier. Simply visit www.dignityincare.org.uk
Together, we can all make a difference.
Written on 9th October 2017